Friday, October 01, 2010

Conversations with Helene Grimaud or through the mystery flower Part Eight, said Princess Haiku



Every great artist inspires love, devotion and awakening of true self as does the pianist, Helene Grimaud. I visited her guest book on her web site at Deutschgrammophon and spent a long time perusing her messages.

These intimate conversations with Helene Grimaud, left anonymously by her fans touched my heart. They were a fascinating and poetic outpouring of love, spiritual confession, appreciation and devotion. You can read the original article here and below you will find more of the letters.

I hope that you enjoy them.
Princess Haiku


Conversations with Helene Grimaud:



PrincePeterofNewYork
USA
12-16-2008

Pour Helene!

Sous le ciel de Paris
S'envole une chanson,
Mmmmm, Mmmmm
Elle est nee aujourd'hui
Dans le coeur d'un garcon
Marchent des amoreux
Mmmmm, Mmmmm
Leur bonheur se construit
Sur un air fait pour eux...



AN
03-19-2009

Somehow dreams feel like they take me up and down the musical scales where conflict seeks resolution.

What do you think?



Ka
Greece
01-09-2008

Helene,

Your interest in classical art in history was not a surprise to me. A play with the olive tree, exploring the Karyatides, the Parthenon, looking for the statue of Athena, made this visit an interesting escape into architecture and sculpture of an old civilization.

I can appreciate why you visited this site. As Le Cobusier understood better than most modern critics, the manner in which the Doric system was calculated in the Parthenon to evoke that "sensation of a profound harmony" that philosophers have sometimes called the esthetic emotion.

I feel proud that you chose this civilized site versus any other. On the other hand, you certainly made friends with one of my favored women. For in her there is a spirit that is awesome-just like yours! Discovering the olive tree- a symbol of well- being.



photo from theoi



Note
USA
10-09-2008

I told you in Atlanta, that I was a fan because I heard you play a seection from Bach and it made me cry. That was something that had never happened to me before.



MT
USA
08-21--2008

Your interest in the alternative painter John William Waterhouse was a surprise to me. My original choice was Dante Gabriel Rossetti, but you prefer John.





Stone
USA
03-29-2006

Dearest Helene,

I am staying in touch with the center through your wonderful website. The death of dear Eno has taken my heart with him. Those whom we love and lose are no longer where they were... they are wherever we are.

I cannot express how the memory of witnessing your fund-raising recital in, Westchester has haunted me through the years. It was the first time that we met and there has not been anything all to compare with it in my life. I have tried to keep up with all of your beautiful recordings including the marvelous Credo. It still overflows and takes my heart away like no other.

I don't know if you will ever read this, but if you do, please know that you are never far away from my most admiring and loving thoughts.



Aph
USA
03-24-2006

I visited your fan line and a few of your concerts and spoke to you briefly. what is most interest to me is the way that you treat each person on the queue. You seem to greet everyone with interest and enthusiasm. The young, the old and the in-between get a heart warming welcome. To the person in front of me you were a goddess of music.






SV
italty
03-27-2009

Beauty and the Beast

I checked a mirror and I saw a beast
I did not understand the qualities of the mirror until I met you
So years went by and now when I look into the mirror I see beauty.

How do I know?
I see it in the eyes of others. The faithful go to church to pray for forgiveness
I go to your line to get your signature.

A few years ago I almost did not get your signature
Instead, got the feeling that I was a burden
So, I looked into the mirror and discovered an ugly me.

If I were to get a second chance at impressing you,
What mirror do I look within?







PrincePeterofNewYork
The Bahamas
11-25-2008

Mon Cherie Helene,

Le 2 Decembre a 20h00, Pierre Boulez dirigera "L'Oiseau de Feu" le chef d'oeuvre de Stravinsky, sous la celebre
Pyramide du Musee du Louvre! C'est la pied!

Recontrez moi la!
Pierre



ACI
Croatia
2007

I've been working on a play based on Anna Akhmatova.. whose flat or prison in St. Petersburg I visited the day after your concert in July 2005. You played Schumann on 7.7 during the white nights... Thank you Helene for all of the unforgettable moments.

No comments: