Sunday, March 11, 2007

Urban Transparency





Today, I walked along Telegraph Avenue in pursuit of urban art observing traces of Berkeley's abandoned artistic legacy. Cal students practiced dance routines on Sproul Plaza, for a crowd near Zellerbach Hall. A faceless manikin in a store window looked out on a dead city wondering, "where have the independent book stores,craft artisans, street musicians, artists and sundry intellectuals gone?" Across the street graffiti tagged as blue as the sky, sprawled across an abandoned storefront.

5 comments:

Indeterminacy said...

You're presenting a wonderful aesthetic of images and ideas here. I like it.

Thanks for visiting my site - and I've added link back to here, because this is a place I'd like to keep track of.

Kind regards,
Indie

S. Camille said...

I really love your site. Thank you for journeying...

Camille NOW

Diane Dehler said...

Camille,
I like your name and enjoyed the story of how you acquired it. Your web page won't open via this comment space. If you leave your url I will stop by to visit.

Kurt said...

But you can still buy crappy incense.

Dorlana said...

You have a unique perspective of the world around you. Interesting photos and reflective prose.