Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Nimble of Thrace








It's been an exciting day. I uploaded my new study of magenta flowers and I am developing ideas for a series of children's books featuring.

Ta Dum...............Drum Roll...................

Princess Haiku and her ghost whippets: Nimble of Thrace thanks to Mavin and Camille. Fantome, thanks to Chedwick the Cat, and Whisper thanks to Anna.

How could I choose just one name when it turns out that Nimble of Thrace's cousins showed up soon after his arrival needing nom de blogs as well.

Thanks to my blog community... I have an entourage of ghost whippets, magic hounds, star hunters and moon tracers to accompany me on my tours of otherworldly realms. The first tale to soon be written.

13 comments:

Acquaintance said...

and let us guide you well....

mystic rose said...

eager to read it.. :)
it promises to be an enchanting fiary tale ala princess haiku. already.

mystic rose said...

and these pics are absolutely beautiful!

S. Camille said...

Oh! That's wonderful! Nimble of Thrace and friends!
Looking forward to ghostly tales...

BoggyWoggy said...

Oh, my! Absolutely amazing! I love the canna leaf most of all, with its veins in contrast with its "flesh!" Thanks so much for sharing!

Livia Gnos said...

Beautiful.

Bobby D. said...

I love european smoke bush--I have one in my front garden and it has grown much bigger than the tag said it would--the feathery plumes are lovely--Everyone stops to ask WHAT IS THIS? I have to prune it way back as it is reaching into the street and engulfing the mailbox. It appears to need no care to flourish.

xxxxx said...

I love these luscious flowers! And you're working on children's stories... Oh! can't wait to hear more about that!!!

Diane Dehler said...

Ched- Oh, so it's called European smoke bush; had no idea. It is so ethereal looking and the photo ended up looking photo shopped. Going to the nursery to find one and hope it likes direct sunlight.

Acquaintance said...

Yeah I'm eager to read it lol, it sounds so interesting and indeed the flowers are wonderous. However though I have to go out of town for 3 days. But I will be back to see more colors of nature in your photos coming soon. Oh Haiku also I'm going to take some photos of this one wildflower that I can't recognize, I've looked it up in all the books and everything but I still can't find out what flower it is, it looks incredible I'll post the flower when I get back. Take care Haiku... :D

Diane Dehler said...

Ched- could you post a picture of your smoke bush?

VW said...

How wonderful - enjoy your journey!

Dorlana said...

I'm looking forward to reading your story. Photos are great. Vibrant colors!