Saturday, April 14, 2007

Snow Dance from Memoirs of a Geisha, said Princess Haiku is...




Memoirs of a Geisha is one of the most visually mesmerizing films that I have experienced. I highly recommend it despite the fact that the denouement falters and historical inaccuracies mar its perfection. It is enough to see this film for its glimpses into the secretive world of the Geisha. The film presents ravishing dance scenes including the famous, "Snow dance" choreographed by John deLucca and superb music. Below is a clip from YouTube and links to other video. The music was composed and conducted by John Williams; performers include Itzhak Perlman, Yo-Yo Ma and Pro Musica Nipponia ensemble. Read an interesting review via DVD Central.




10 comments:

david santos said...

Te dijo que es un gran trabajo que tienes para compartillar con nosostros.
Muy bello. TIENE UN BUEN FIN DE SEMANAN.

Diane Dehler said...

Hi David,
Glad to see you as always.

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful!

bizwhiz said...

Agree with you. Truly captivating. Great blog!

Diane Dehler said...

bizwhiz, thanks for visiting and for your blog offering tips to boggers. It's a great community service.

Anonymous said...

Hello Elise, thank you for your visit and your comments, i don't often get on my soap box and shout the odds, but at a time like Easter it seems so wrong that there is so much injustice in the world and the wealth is so unevenly distributed.

Moving on, I have both read the book and I have the DVD of Geisha, but you have reminded me of it I wil get it out tomorrow and watch it again. I do so enjoy wandering through your space

Om Shanti

Suki x

Unknown said...

Majik! Truly living Majik.

..thank you good princess.

Diane Dehler said...

You are welcome sydney.

Anonymous said...

Princess,

I am slightly tired...from all the wondrous festivities......I believe a few are still dancing....

I came over to rest a bit, put up my feet... and watch again a favorite movie...

You chose my favorite scene....the enchantment of the snow dance....so full of passion amidst the ice...

Though yes the ending was a disappointment, and I preferred the book's to it.....

but visually - masterful, stunning.....don't mind me...i might even nap...

thank you again for a lovely evening!

xxx
red dirt girl

Diane Dehler said...

It was my pleasure red dirt girl and be sure to catch up on your sleep as I will be hosting other pagan, ghostly dazzling events.