Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Blue Tea's meme leads to urban flute practice



Bluewyvern, at one of my favorite blogs; Blue Tea tagged me with this meme some time ago and finally I am catching up with my blogging. Here goes and the meme is as described in her words.

"Just for kicks, let's make this a meme, with rules and tagging and all that. (My first!) Rules: Devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to fix your life. It's more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one class from the person who tagged you that you'd also like to take. Tag five."


1) The first course or lessons would involve what I have been doing for some time; taking flute lessons. My urban flute practice has been going rather well lately I am glad to report. That isn't always true. The last year of lessons has been stormy and a few times I was tempted to leave it behind. However, music enhances my life and heart in a way that nothing else does. I would bring my friend Bluewyvern to flute class with me as I think this urbane, artistic, internet explorer would be up for the challenge.

2) I would take a French class as I already know a little and I read somewhere that studying a new language is a way to keep your brain conditioned.

3) I would take surfing lessons. Well, that is a reach for a bookworm such as myself but I think it would help me develop physical strength, courage and be a dazzling experience.

4) I would take an art history course so that I could make informed comments on my friend Moon River's blog. Where is that elusive moon by the way?

5) I would take a course(s) that my blog readers think what be beneficial. What class do you want to take with a blog buddy?


I am going to tag some bloggers that I know are life long learners and although a few of them are on sabbatical; soon enough they will return. Don't we all?


Catch the Tag if you will....

Necessary Skills:

Digital Flower Pictures

Tangled Up In L'heure Bleue

Diary From England

Herbal Connection

Altered States

Christy's Coffee Break

6 comments:

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Thanks for the tag I will work on this over the weekend.

Cergie said...

To speak a second language uses another part of the brain indeed. I was sick once. Much fever. I could neither more speak nor think French. I thought in German and yet I do not speak this language well at all !

Acquaintance said...

I meant to come by here earlier, sorry I didn't. I'm gonna think about this and what I'd do, there's a lot I'd do. I'll make a post about this in the next couple of days and before the post of the yellow jacket nest in my backyard.

Thanks for the tag! :D

Take care Haiku

PS - love the flute pic! :D

Christy said...

Thanks for the tag, I'm going to work on this one today, hope you're having a great Monday:)

Diane Dehler said...

Cergie, that is really interesting.

Jess Haskins said...

When you're back, you're back! I'm delighted to see the sudden outpouring of creativity and beauty again on this blog. I'm also very glad you decided to take me up on my meme. Sounds like a nice program you've put together. The flute class sounds like fun! I think something wants me to become musical...I recently won a small classical guitar as a door prize at a vintage masquerade ball, and I don't know how to play note one! It looks very nice in my room, though...