Tuesday, May 22, 2007

in the small forest, flute music...




Urban Flute Tuesday continued. When I arrived for my lesson streams of gorgeous music from the silver flute of my teacher greeted me. The notes of music curled like tendrils of smoke, rising into the air and vanishing above the tips of the small trees growing in the garden. I am sure the trees love this music as much as I do. I am not certain how they feel about my efforts but I persevere as music gives me a feeling of spiritual centering I don't achieve any other way. In other words it's my practice...

4 comments:

S. Camille said...

I believe a practice in this way is one of the most divine things we can do for ourselves. I don't have music in my life as I can't seem to hold a tune, but I have other ways... sometimes I swim or walk and recently, origami has been moving meditation. I admire anyone with an ability to pursue a pracitice of something through thick and thin.

Diane Dehler said...

Camille,
A practice can be anything. Staying with it is the difficult thing and the focus. As my teachers says, "Focus- point..." Orgami and the paper arts has always interested me. What things do you make?

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Those little bonsai are stunning! I love the cascading one, although I am not a fan of conifers, this one is fantastic! Wonderful how flutesong and bonsai knit together.

Diane Dehler said...

perhaps in the magic realm, salix tree. :)