Sunday, November 01, 2015

Dark Rose/dark blood by Diane Dehler

Dark Rose/dark blood


Sleep
Is the sudden
Thought of departure.

A moment
Defining
Presence
Underlines
It in absentia.

An
Addict goes under
A child dies.

Four
O’clock flowers
Close their blooms.
Trees ungrow become
Smaller and smaller.
I fall asleep.


Sleep
Chases me
Into the island
Of reverie,
Where it strips me
Of daytime
Pretensions.

I stare at nude
Images of myself
Reflected inside

An
Enormous
Engraved mirror.


Petals fall off
The dark rose.

One
     By
          One.

Stop
I say stop.
It all stops.

Sleep
     Gentle
          Sleep
               Coos

Into my ear.

Holds my hand
Softly  leads
Me to the cross.

Where I take my place
Become a sacrificial
Dark Rose/dark blood.

Diane Dehler



First published in, Near Kin, Sybaratic Press, 2014






No comments: