Friday, October 24, 2014

a ballerina dahlia said, Princess Haiku


 
                                                                                                                                                                                  
This is one of the flowers that I captured in the dahlia garden in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco this year. The garden was a gift from the San Francisco Dahlia Society. Thanks to the volunteers who presented the City of San Francisco and its visitors with such a wondrous garden. I have very much enjoyed this garden and it has touched my heart with its beauty. Over the months I had occasion to chat with locals and tourists visiting the garden.  People came from the San Francisco Bay Area and countries around the world. It is my understanding that less than ten people planted and cared for the thousands of dahlias that bloomed. It is amazing to me how such a few people gave such an enormous gift and I find that inspirational. 

No comments: