Saturday, February 16, 2013

orchids waterfall color said Princess Haiku



I saw a waterfall of orchids at the Conservatory of Flowers in San Francisco two days ago. Such displays of beauty fill my life with meaning. I have been musing about why and perhaps it is a question better put to an aesthetic intellectual than a poet. The flowers become me; our spirits are joined when I see them and for a second I escape my ghostly existence. All of time exists within their gorgeous expression. I walk great distances to view orchids but I would never enter a swamp or risk my life scaling mountains to do so. Therefore it can be honestly said that I have just a mild case of orchid fever. Next week is the Pacific Orchid Expo and I will be there with my camera hopefully destined to perceive and immortalize perfection.

No comments: