Sunday, November 25, 2012

from a new series of poems in progress, said Princess Haiku

Leopard Poem 14





Strawberries soaked in

dawn, pale this blood

of a poet. Leopard, I

feed you my veins; a

thrum of sex, you are

unfettered impulse.



Arcane beast, you live

me and I am you. I

see through passage

ways of your eyes and

follow a dusty road into

deep forest shallows at

the river’s edge, where

you drink my soul and I

remember you in

perpetuity.



Leopard of a thousand

stars, I am cloaked in

a sky of rosettes.

Your skin and claws

brined with power and

sated with a savage love.



I slip through cracks of

midnight, where smoke

of frankincense rises in

a ritual dance of self.

You are passion of a

secret hour, a flow of

human blood. A fierce

gift this breath of eternity.

Beware darling, I am

the wild of you.





Diane Dehler

@2012 all rights reserved

No comments: