Friday, December 03, 2010

Conversations with Helene Grimaud or through the mystery flower Part Ten, said Princess Haiku




Every great artist inspires love, devotion and awakening of true self as does the pianist, Helene Grimaud. I visited her guest book on her web site at Deutschgrammophon and spent a long time perusing her messages.

These intimate conversations with Helene Grimaud, left anonymously by her fans touched my heart. They were a fascinating and poetic outpouring of love, spiritual confession, appreciation and devotion. You can read the original article here and below you will find more of the letters.

I hope that you enjoy them.
Princess Haiku



Conversations with Helene Grimaud:


PrincePeterofNewYork
USA
01-11-2008


Ode to Aphrodite by Sappho

Immortal Aphrodite of the splendid throne,
Daughter of Zeus, weaver of snares,
Great Woman, Grant me thins.
Let not my spirit be harnessed by this anguish and affliction
But come here, by me as you did once before.

On that day,
you've heard my distant voice and, nodding,
you left your father's golden chambers to yoke your
two swift companion birds at your glistening chariot.

They fluttered through the spreading sky
and brought you hurriedly down here
by me,
upon the black soil.

Great Woman!
With a smile on your immortal face you had asked me
then,
about my sighs, what was it that made me call to you
yet again?

You asked, "Who is it this time Sappho? Who do you want me
to bring to you? Who, Sappho, is hurting you now?"

And
at that time, you offered, "Tell me
Sappho who she is and if she turns from you now,
soon,
by me,
she'll be turning towards you;
and if she's not close to you now,
soon,
by me,
she will be-
willingly or not?"

Come to me again now.


Mon Cherie Helene, Je t'adore et Je t'aime,
Pierre





RT
Cyprus
10-28-2008

I love you and despair is on my lips
Sometimes I swallow bitter poison
Tonight, I seek you out in my dreams alone
When I find you, you have three eyes
Each is as beautiful as the others
distorted in this way I can only
Attract someone like me

Be mine for a second, it will feel like infinity
Cyprus has a secret we can both discover

Awed by your presence and performances...
What music surges from below?
Persephone sings a sad song
Can you discern the sounds?

Eternal love



image by blackeri



TP
01-07-207

The eyes are sad.
What if Orpheus never looked back?
Will Eurydice enjoy a second life?






VT
USA
09-10-2007


Dear Ms Grimaud,
I just returned to my apartment, turned on the radio and had the great pleasure of hearing your 2007 recording of the Emperor Concerto. As always, the soulful musicality in your playing moved me in ways that I constantly yearn for but rarely experience.
As a NYC based composer... all I can say is thank you for your many and ongoing contributions not only to the music literature but really at a higher level... for allowing us to experience the "otherness" in musical experience that reaffirms our humanity, our pursuit of truth through art and not least, the physical and aural wonders found in great music.



Simone
Belgium
03-06-2007

Dear Helena,

I attended your concert on Monday, February 27th and it was my first classical concert. I was taken to a vibrant world I could never have imaged. Uneducated in the field of classical music a curtain has been torn and a new world opened to me.


Francois
France
04-03-2006

Hello Helena,

I was at the concert at the Halle aux grains de Toulouse where there was trouble over scheduling. I feared that you would refuse to play. I took several deep breaths to regain a bit of inner peace before your entry. You have offered the emotions of such intensity, such a purity. I am up against the weakness, the impotence of words to translate what I felt. I trust that your eyes fall on this message and will receive my deepest gratitude.

1 comment:

stephenrowepainter said...

Dear Princess, Thank you for posting this and thank you for the card. It really made me smile big time! As ever be well my dear friend