Saturday, April 17, 2010

the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas said, Princess Haiku, beauty everywhere



Today I made a Spring Sojourn to the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas, in Northern California and discovered beauty everywhere.





Tall peaks of manzanita and pine trees trailed clouds and fragrance of purple wisteria drifted through still mind.





Yesterday, I was suddenly overwhelmed with the desire to visit this tranquil retreat, and for the first time in months the weather is warm and agreeable



Strolling about the grounds I see borrowed beauty from every perspective. Inner glimmers of self are mirrored in gorgeous pink blossoms and far memories are awakened
.








The ride up 101 North offers a view of rolling green hills this time of year.


The vista of green trees, hills expands until suddenly from afar, one sees the snowy white tips of Mount Shasta.



This is my third visit to the monastery and I always find unexpected delights.



The first stop for every visitor is the Administration building where you sign the guest registry and of course visit the gift shop.



The meditation hall is close by and a golden Buddha atop the roof waves one in. My inner voice whispers, "return to source," and of course I do.



One's spirit, a yellow butterfly is set free in this small world, free of turmoil and struggle.





The City of Ten Thousand Buddhas is a sanctuary, a retreat and a far dream...



As I was walking near the vegetarian restaurant a friendly young nun in robes, stopped to chat with me about the divine compassion of Kuan Yin.





Beautiful peacocks stroll about with their green and blue glowing feathers.



People come to visit from all over the world and perhaps you will too.



The City of Ten Thousand Buddhas has a wonderful website with photos, slideshows, audio recordings, visuals and information that you will need about visiting.




2 comments:

AscenderRisesAbove said...

my daughter and i went up there a couple of years ago on mothers day; did you see the peacocks roaming around? a fascinating visit

Diane Dehler said...

Yes, I posted a few photos of the peacocks on FB. It's really pretty up there; love the North Coast.