Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Conversations with Helene Grimaud or through the mystery flower Part Four, said Princess Haiku


Every great artist inspires love, devotion and awakening of true self as does the pianist, Helene Grimaud. I visited her guest book on her web site at Deutschgrammophon and spent a long time perusing her messages.

These intimate conversations with Helene Grimaud, left anonymously by her fans touched my heart. They were a fascinating and poetic outpouring of love, spiritual confession, appreciation and devotion. You can read the original article here and below you will find more of the letters.

I hope that you enjoy them.
Princess Haiku


Conversations with Helene Grimaud:


Fragment
France
04-10-2008

Today, I meditated on the painting below. If you find it interesting it would be a plasure knowing you enjoyed it!

The Awakening Conscience, 1854- Oil on Canvas





KD
Belgium
09-15-2008

You have given to us, complete strangers. You became my twin sister that I would have for inspiration in moments of loneliness and doubt. I listen to your music and the message that I hear is that I'm me. You are more than a musician; you are a channel.




Chrya
Chile
09-14-2008

Helene,

Here is something from my heart.

"Imagination is more important than knowlege. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

Albert Einstein, "On Science"





Isle
Ireland
03-05-2008


So, I looked back at Dante
As he is arranging your hair
And we argued back and forth about symbols
And decided before doing the painting
To ask which one of our projections can you tolerate?






Gale
Australia
04-12-2008

Red and White

Your music fills me with emotions that I have never felt before
Tender is dominant, warm is common and determined is full of fire
I would volunteer my time for such a cause.

I love such a Goddess



interlude
Italy

To Helene,

Thank you for your words,
for your life,
for your dreams...

You've touched my soul...

"Voici venir les temps ou vibrant sur sa tige
chaque leur s'evapore ainsi qu'un encesoir;
les sons et les parfumes tournent dans l'air du soir;
valse melancolique et langoreux vertige!"

Harmonie du soir- C. Baudelaire





Pia
Nashville
02-15-2006


Dear Helene,

I have never heard the piano played so expressively. I was overwhelmed by the performance of Beethoven's Choral Fantasy on "Credo." Given your interest in German Romanticism and holistic world views, I'm wondering if you are familiar with the thought of Hegel.

I've often thought that Hegel is the Beethoven of philosophy and Beethoven the Hegel of music. Born in the same year, l1770, they both sought pattern, harmony and redemption in and through a world of conflict, disharmony and suffering. I'm deeply impressed by your range of interests and talents, and the fascinating integrations you work out. I would love to hear you perform. Please come to Nashville...




Lxy
San Francisco
11-29-2006

Dear Madam,

I was at the first Brahms Concerto recital that you gave in San Francisco. This is my favorite concerto and I was touched by your interpretation. My deepest appreciation for your work and art that I think requires the soul.




Angel
France
02-25-2006

I just shut lessons that touched me deeply. Your book is a beacon for the traveler. I feel so close to the quest for absolute meaning. It leads me to conclude the need to give and receive, surrendering, to be guided and to marry the art.




PrincePeterofNewYork
United States
04-08-2008

Mon Cherie Amour Helene,

Tonight in Verbier you played
brilliantly,
lyrically,
superbly,
passionately!

Thank you for this wonderful concert!
I will never forget it!

Je t'aime pour tous temps
Pierre

Alana
USA
07-22-2007

A thing of beauty is a joy forever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us and a sleep

by John Keats

3 comments:

jazzolog said...

Helene's autobiography from a couple years ago, entitled Wild Harmonies: A Life Of Music And Wolves, will fascinate your readers.

goatman said...

I love "The Awakening Conscience" painting. If I were that fellow I should be worried. She is about to enter a different realm, one outside of the room and the trappings of everyday life. I suspect nature has grabbed her attention and is calling her to other worlds not yet considered.
Her room-mate may or may not be part of the next stage of her life.

You never fail to inspire!

Diane Dehler said...

I have that book, Richard and what a good idea to discuss it. Thanks, Goatman, I love the Awakening Conscience too.