Monday, November 25, 2013

After Girl With a Pearl, said Princess Haiku


Pearl Incantare

November 25, 2013 at 9:43am






Her luminescence is an island of white slumber.
The girl believes pathos is a river that runs a course through stars.

I enter this painting, bring “I” to a place of sleep. Eyelids of the sky vanish. Eyes are the pearl.
She is dressed in lapis lazuli blue.

A flow of vulnerability floods the self.  She is me. You are her. 

Secrets of our nature are revealed in her gaze.
The museum guard is unaware that I have unhooked the painting from history.

Slipped it slowly from the wall and hidden it in my soul.
She becomes a poem from my silence to a petal.

Flora fauna self, spring of all seasons.
Girl with the Pearl.

Johannes Vermeer, the sphinx of Delft was a magician
who conjured innocence:

Girl With A Pearl.

A pearl in her mouth.
Pearl teeth of the dream.
A petal, unpetaled from the flower of the fruit.

Poetry written with ultramarine ink etched into pale flesh.
Girl with a pearl, how she possesses me.

Diane Dehler


Published in Pirene's Fountain, November, 2013

No comments: